Greetings Sisters & Brothers,
As we near the end of the year, and with the Thanksgiving Holiday this week, I wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude for YOU; our Members. I think collectively as a Membership we have a lot to be thankful for this year, and a lot to look forward to in the coming year.
- I am thankful we have seen our Membership at nearly full employment for the past several months and have added many new Members to our ranks due to our California TV & Film Tax Incentive. This increased work to me means that our Members are able to make a good living and support their families and loved ones while working close to home. Next year the California TV & Film Tax Incentive will renew for the next 5 years and we look forward to continuing the fight to keep this program alive and strong.
- I am thankful for our skilled and talented workforce that makes filming in California essential to our local economy and keeps the strength of our Membership preserved across our Nation.
- I am thankful for this past year’s efforts to organize the unorganized. With each new Member and new Unit that joins Teamsters Local 399 we see our collective Membership benefit and our Union power grow. We have also seen increased organizing efforts in Commercials, One-Off Contracts and New Media agreements that have secured good contracts to protect our Members, and in some cases, adding language to increase wages and improve working conditions.
- I am thankful for our Shop Stewards and their continued commitment to serve our Members, grow in their education, and encourage Union participation. Their tireless work is so necessary to strengthen our Membership across all classifications.
- I am thankful for every Member that has attended a Union Meeting, class, seminar or training. Member engagement is one of the most important aspects of being a Union Member and I look forward to expanding the ways for our Members to engage with YOUR Union in the coming year.
- Lastly, I am thankful for you. For your hard work each and every day, for your passion to be part of one of the strongest Unions in the Country, and for your commitment to help us to continually build this Local into the very best it can be. I am grateful for our Retirees that have sacrificed to secure the rights of our Members past, present and future and look forward to the continued efforts by our active Members.
As we look to the New Year, I ask for your commitment to fight alongside us. We look forward to the challenges that lie ahead and invite you to join us to ensure we are supporting you to the best of our ability.
Thank you to each and every Member for another great year. We are thankful and grateful to be in this fight together. If you have any suggestions for me, please don’t hesitate to reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wish you, your family and loved ones a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving.
Teamsters Local 399