4th Annual Teamsters Local 399 Car & Motorcycle Show
On Saturday, August 25th we hosted our 4th Annual Classic Car & Motorcycle Show at Woodley Park in Van Nuys with our Union Sisters & Brothers and the Basic Crafts. As this event continues to grow, we are excited to see it truly becoming a special event for our Members, and by our Members. After this year’s successful event, it is safe to say that Woodley Park will remain the home for this event in the foreseeable future. We hope to see this event continue to grow to include more of our Teamster Sisters and Brothers, as well as continuing to include our community.
Thank you to everyone that made this year’s Car & Motorcycle Show such a HUGE Success! We are already gearing up and looking forward to next year’s event We could not have produced this event without the help of SO many people.
We had over 100 Cars and 30 Motorcycles entered into this year’s event. We also had iconic Picture Cars from the Fast and the Furious, a Batmobile, Transformers, Scooby Doo Mystery Machine, Gone in 60 Secs, and more Picture Cars! We were also able to feature the musical talents of our Members during the event. We would like to thank Local 399 Members Timothy Hillman of South Pasadena Transit Authority, D. Jennings of Spaggwater and Brian Stegall of Ottis and the Elevators. We are already looking forward to the 5th year of this event, and we are looking to increase member involvement from our Membership to create a special afternoon for our Members, their families and friends. We are hoping to lock in a date for next year soon and will be sharing that information with the Membership as soon as it becomes available. If you are interested in getting involved in next year’s Car & Motorcycle Show, please email: email@example.com.
This event would not have been possible without the generous contribution of time, energy, and the talents of so many people. In no particular order, we would like to thank everyone that contributed to making the event such a success:
• The Basic Crafts (IBEW Local 40, Local 724, Local 78, Local 755) for partnering with us for the 3rd year in a row to host this event.
• Teamsters Joint Council 42 and Donna Culwell for bringing out our Teamster JC 42 Truck.
• Local 399 Member Woody Wood and his wife Donna Wood for volunteering their time, expertise and equipment for a 4th year in a row!
• Teamsters Local 399 Members Rock Choquette for being our talented photographer for the day and Local 399 Member Christopher Mason for his dedicated event support to ensure the day ran smoothly.
• Car Club Yakety Yaks and Local 399 Member Flyn Stone for helping us park show cars for a 4th year in a row, as well as helping to judge the Classic Cars that entered the event!
• Teamsters Horsemen and Local 399 Member Terry Mack for helping to coordinate our Motorcycles and serve as a Judge for the day.
• Local 80 Medic Lou Farah for his time ensuring our guests were safe during the day and for bringing out an incredible Vintage Emergency Vehicle to showcase.
• David Steinitz, representing the Historical Society for the Los Angeles City Fire Department, showcasing an incredible Hummer Fire Truck.
• Fire in Motion for bringing out a Fire Truck and flying the American Flag high above our event.
• Local 399 Member Johnny Agnew and Funky Junk Farms for bringing out an awesome fleet of vintage trailers and a converted Greyhound Bus.
• Picture Car Warehouse for bringing out some amazing Picture Cars to show off. We also want to give a special shout-out to Al Kruger from Picture Car Warehouse for all his hard work organizing a team of great volunteers, helping to drive over a number of Picture Cars to the event, being one of our Judges and for his general support and event promotion!
• The Mulholland Jr. Police Academy for their hard work being our invaluable volunteers for the day.
• Lunchbox Transportation for providing our Members with an air-conditioned trailer for our folks to relax in.
• Executive Outhouses for providing us with luxury, air-conditioned restrooms for the day.
• Warner Bros. for letting us bring out the Tumbler Batmobile to the event and Local 399 Driver Steve Nazarian for ensuring its safety during the entirety of the event.
• Local 399 Randy Peters and Randy Rousseau of Eliminator – Self Service Fire Extinguisher for bringing out all of the Autobots for the day from Transformers as well as the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine.
• Universal Studios & Vehicle Effects for coordinating and showcasing Fast & the Furious Cars for the event.
• Pacific Pups Animal Rescue for hosting a Pet Adoption at our event!
• Kustom Car King and Legend Gene Winfield for being in attendance for the day and signing autographs for our car enthusiasts and guests.
• We also want to thank all of our food trucks and vendors as well as the informational booths provided by: Labor 411, LA Galaxy, Liuna Nurses, CHP, Rod Diamond, Karimian Law Group, Northridge Auto Wrecking and all of our partner Locals in this event.
• This event would not be possible without all of our Show Car & Motorcycle Participants & all of our guests of the event –we hope you, your family members, and friends will join us again next year!
• Last, but certainly not least, we must thank and acknowledge Car Show Founder, Retired Business Agent, respected Teamster and Veteran, Jack Fisher. Jack’s commitment to our Local 399 Members and his enthusiasm for automobiles was the driving force behind the creation of this event 4 years ago. Thank Captain Jack. Wishing you a happy and healthy retirement.
See our full article about the event in our upcoming 2018 Newsreel!