Please carefully read our informational guide to voting electronically for our ‘CASTING DIRECTOR’ Ratification Vote. We’ve provided as much information as possible to avoid any confusion about the electronic voting process. The ‘Casting Director’ Ratification Voting will OPEN in the evening of Sunday, May 22nd and CLOSE on Wednesday, May 25th at 12PM.
1. I DID NOT RECEIVE A TEXT MESSAGE OR AN EMAIL WITH MY BALLOT. WHAT DO I DO?
Ballots will be sent via text message and/or email in the evening of May 22nd. After the initial send, ElectionBuddy will be sending emails and text message ballot reminders to our Members to remind them to vote before the Wednesday, May 25th deadline. After you have cast your vote, you will no longer receive notifications about voting from ElectionBuddy.
If you did not receive your ballot on Sunday, May 22nd via email or text message, please EMAIL: Businessagent@ht399.org
2. WHAT IS THE PASSWORD I AM EXPECTED TO ENTER IN ORDER TO ACCESS MY BALLOT?
In order to protect vote security, personal unique voting keys are created and used only once. Election Buddy will be requiring you to input the last 4 of your SSN linked to your unique voter key to ensure your vote is protected and fulfilled by you.
3. I DID NOT RECEIVE A TEXT MESSAGE OR AN EMAIL WITH MY BALLOT AND ELECTIONBUDDY IS TELLING ME THEY CANNOT FIND ME IN THEIR SYSTEM AS SOMEONE ELIGIBLE TO VOTE. HOW DO I GET MY BALLOT?
Please contact email@example.com to obtain your ballot. Please remember, in order to be eligible to vote, you must be a Member in good-standing, not retired, suspended, paying off your initiation or on withdrawal, and you must also be eligible to work under the Casting Director Agreement – Classifications Include: Casting Director & Associate Casting Director. Should you have questions regarding your eligibility, please contact the Union Hall at 818-985-7374.
4. I CLICK ON MY BALLOT LINK PROVIDED TO VOTE AND MY PASSWORD (LAST 4 OF MY SSN) IS READING INCORRECT. WHAT DO I DO?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know you are experiencing issues when inputting your information so they can verify the information provided in the voter list.
5. I CLICK ON THE BALLOT LINK PROVIDED TO VOTE AND AFTER ENTERING IN MY PASSWORD (LAST 4 OF SSN) IT SAYS I HAVE ALREADY VOTED, BUT I HAVEN’T. WHAT DO I DO?
Please contact email@example.com directly for assistance if this issue should occur.
6. I WAS NOT AT THE INFORMATIONAL MEETING ON Sunday, May 22nd HOW WILL I KNOW THE DETAILS OF THE TENTATIVE ‘CASTING DIRECTOR’ AGREEMENT?
With your electronic ballot you will receive all information regarding what you are voting on including: Memorandum of Agreement & Key Summary of Changes. Should you have questions or issues accessing the information, please email Business Agent Ed Duffy: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. HOW CAN I BEST PREPARE TO RECEIVE MY BALLOT BY EMAIL TO ENSURE IT DOESN’T END UP IN MY JUNK MAIL OR IS TREATED LIKE SPAM?
To help ensure emails are delivered successfully, Members should be on the lookout for an email:
- FROM email: ElectionBuddy Elections (email@example.com)
- With a subject line that states: Teamsters Local 399 – Casting Ratification Vote
8. WHAT IS THE ELECTION COMPANY WE ARE USING FOR OUR ELECTRONIC VOTING?
The Election Company we are utilizing for our electronic contract ratification vote is called ElectionBuddy. “ElectionBuddy is about voting processes for Member-based organizations. Our Staff strives to simplify and secure elections and votes for voters, Members and Election Administrators.”
Source: ElectionBuddy Website: www.electionbuddy.com
9. HOW DID WE COME ABOUT SELECTING ELECTION BUDDY TO MANAGE OUR RATIFICATION VOTE?
We were originally referred to the platform by other Teamster Locals that had been using the ElectionBuddy system for their contract campaigns over the years. We have been using Election Buddy at Teamsters Local 399 since the 2018.
See list of other Unions that have trusted ElectionBuddy to manage their elections: https://electionbuddy.com/customers/unions/
10. IS ELECTIONBUDDY SECURE?
Fairness and independent observation of an online election system is enhanced using technology. Proper audits start with proper security. ElectionBuddy uses 256KB encryption used by banks and credit card companies, and follows stringent election security guidelines for election processes, such as the United States Department of Labor Office of Labor-Management Standards for elections. They also follow PCI standards for secure storage of information. Vote audits are always conducted to protect voter anonymity; none but you and the election company will ever know the voting choice you made.
11. IF I NEED ASSISTANCE, WHEN SHOULD I REACH OUT?
If you need assistance please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make sure to reach out BEFORE 5PM on MONDAY, MAY 23rd to ensure there is enough time to troubleshoot your issue.
12. HOW WILL THE VOTES BE TABULATED AND WHEN WILL THE RESULTS OF THE CONTRACT RATIFICATION BE ANNOUNCED?
Results are automatically tabulated. Results will be shared to the bargaining unit upon completion of the vote. All votes will remain anonymous even after the results are revealed and Local 399 will not know how individual Members voted. Your anonymity is protected throughout this entire process. You will also be able to ensure your vote was properly included in the results. We will share the election results with the Membership after the election has concluded on Wednesday, May 25th. Election Buddy will also share a certification letter with Teamsters Local 399 verifying the election.
13. HOW CAN I BEST PREPARE FOR THE RATIFICATION VOTE?
Make sure your contact information is correct with the Union Hall. Call 818-985-7374 to check. If you do not receive a ballot on Sunday, May 22nd reach out for support EARLY so that we have plenty of time to assist you.
14. I DON’T HAVE ACCESS TO A COMPUTER OR CELL PHONE / I FEEL LIKE I MIGHT NEED ASSISTANCE IN ELECTRONIC VOTING.
Please call the Union Hall: 818-985-7374. Members are welcome to use the Computer in our ‘B’ Building if they need additional assistance. Let us know if you plan to come down to the Hall and we will make accommodations to ensure you can vote. Union Hall Hours are Monday – Friday 9AM – 5PM. Should you need to use the computer outside of that time, you must reach out to us in order to ensure we can accommodate your request.