Many of you have reached out to me regarding questions that pertain to the FMSCA MEC & CDL Restrictions. Please read the information below carefully as it contains important updates from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) amidst the novel coronavirus.
The FMCSA notices below are the latest updates regarding your Commercial Drivers License(CDL), Commercial Learners Permit (CLP) and Medical Examiners Certificate (MEC).
CDL & CLP Extension: If your license expires after March 20th you will have until June 30, 2020 for renewal. You can still get pre-approval for your MEC through CSATF, DR. Howard and all Consentra facilities are still performing DMV physicals if you feel comfortable going to the facilities.
If not, the FMCSA has extended expirations:
1. Allows States to extend CDL/CLP licenses until June 30th.
2. Waives 14 day wait for CLP holders to take skills test.
3. Waives requirement for CDL/CLP and non-CDL drivers to have a medical certification, PROVIDED they had a valid medical certification originally issued for 90 days or longer that expired AFTER February 29th, 2020.
MEC Extension and Restrictions: If your MEC expires after February 29, 2020 you will have until June 30, 2020.
1. Drivers MUST carry a Paper copy of expired Medical Certificate to claim relief under this waiver.
2. Drivers who cannot produce a paper copy are NOT covered under this waiver.
3. Drivers who have been diagnosed with a disqualifying medical condition or have developed a condition that requires a Skill Performance Evaluation are NOT covered under this waiver.
4. This waiver does NOT apply to medical examiner certifications originally issued for less than 90 days.
Should you have any questions about the information provided above, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly via email: email@example.com or by phone: 818-432-3317. Please continue to seek out information from our official Local 399 communication channels so you are aware of all of the resources available to you at this uncertain time. If there is anything further we can do for you, please let us know.