As we shared this past weekend, the Local 399 Union Hall will be open to Members again as of Monday, August 31st. We will be operating at our normal business hours of 9AM – 5PM Monday through Friday. As we see our Members returning to work, we want to ensure our staff is available to address all the needs of our Members during this time.
If you plan to stop by the Union Hall, please familiarize yourself with the safety protocols and policies in place. All Members must abide by the guidelines outlined below for the safety of all Members and staff. The Local will be operating at normal business hours and all Business Agents, Front Office Staff and Call Board Dispatchers will be available by phone or email as well.
Local Union Hall Front Office Staff:
9AM – 5PM Monday – Friday
Local Union Call Board Staff:
5AM – 10PM Monday – Friday
Local 399 Business Agents:
Available by phone or email. All contact information for Business Agents can be found in the Local 399 APP.
Weekend On-Call Agent Phone Number:
Union Hall Safety Policies for Members and Visitors:
We ask that Members planning to visit the Union Hall are free of any symptoms of COVID-19 (including, but not limited to, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell), and have not had contact with anyone exhibiting symptoms or known COVID-19 infection in the prior 14 days. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) considers a person to have a fever when he or she has a measured temperature of 100.4° F (38° C) or greater.
Entering the Union Hall:
• One (1) hand sanitizing station will be placed outside the glass double doors.
• Face masks are required and must be worn at all times. If a member does not have a face mask, one will be provided.
• Two (2) hand sanitizing dispensers will be placed at the greeting window.
• No more than two (2) members will be allowed in the lobby at one time.
• Floor will have markings spaced six (6) feet apart.
• A member requesting to use the restroom will be able to use the “B” building facility restroom. You will be let in through the side gate that faces Vineland Ave.
Meetings with Business Agent:
• If a Member would like to have a meeting with a Business Agent, we ask that you reach out to your Business Agent directly beforehand to schedule a time in advance. This will ensure we are able to secure a safe and distanced meeting place, as well as the availability of the Business Agent.
New Members Needing to Join:
• If you are still needing to join the Union, please first and foremost make an appointment with Local 399 Member Specialist Jane Vasquez: firstname.lastname@example.org. Jane will confirm the date and time to come down to the Union Hall to complete paperwork and next steps in getting involved in your Union. Please note the total process to join will take about 30-45mins and we will be asking Members to complete their paperwork and process in the “B” Building. If you have any questions, please contact the Front Office Union Hall: 818-985-7374.
Please note, these policies and protocols are subject to change as the COVID-19 situation is also constantly changing. The safety of our Members, staff, family and friends is of utmost concern and we appreciate your support and understanding throughout this entire process.
Local 399 Masks:
￼ Many Members have reached out expressing interest in purchasing more Local 399 Masks. In an attempt to support those unable to come down to the office, as well as control the initial amount of Members stopping by, we are providing a way to submit an order for Masks online. Please complete the form below to express interest in how many masks you would like to purchase. Office Manager Greg Karson will be in touch to confirm and complete your order. Please allow 2-3 business days to receive a follow-up call regarding your order.
At this time, we will be only selling masks through this form. All other Local 399 Merchandise will be for sale at the Union Hall. We will be looking to expand the online sale of merchandise soon.
Please let us know if you have any questions prior to the re-opening of the office on Monday, August 31st.